1100cc golf cart

Joe_hurt

Reaction score
IMG_0836.jpegHello everyone I’m about to start a project here in the next couple months and need some insight to make this semi safe. I’m putting a 1100cc bike engine supposedly 90 hp into a golf cart and making the golf cart a 6x6 with a tubed Frame. I plan on using 1inch solid rear axles for both of the rear axles and only making the furthest axle drive. I plan on going up to 80mph for track purposes and need to know what size chain and sprocket to use and what’s the best disc brakes to use. This will be a 5 speed manual if that has anything to do with it I have built race cars before and small go karts but not sure about combining the two together any insight will be helpful because it being a death trap thank you.

hardcorewill

Reaction score
Honestly sounds like a pipe dream! And I hope that pisses you off enough that you actually build this sob! I don't have the capability of building such a demon! And and. And I live only 2 mi away from plum quick motors. If you don't know you better ask somebody !.. #world's fastest golf cart.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Because it being a death trap. Your description, not mine. But I couldn't agree more. I honestly think 90 hp. and 80 mph in a golf kart sounds like a good way to kill yourself, or at least very serious injuries. If you have the experience that you say you do, why not build something with a little lower C. G. A little less prone to flip or barrel roll. I doubt that you'll be allowed to take it to the local golf course.

Joe_hurt

Reaction score
Not a golf person so it wouldn’t go to the golf course it be for off road purposes

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
If you do proceed, you should plan on trashing the entire existing steering assembly, it is not made for speed.

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
Why is it a 6x6 if only one axle is driven? If it's going to be an offload cart you want to get rid of that extra axle for better traction.