Beginner taking on first project. With y’all’s help of course ;P

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Well, it seems this is turning out to be a lot more difficult to than I originally thought it would be. Mostly in regards to the wiring of the machine. The wiring harness was so brittle and wires kept breaking so regrettably i stripped the wiring harness. This was probably a mistake but not much to do about it at this point. Now i have been struggling to figure out the wiring diagram for my engine. I found a great video on you tube that explains the steps fairly well. However, my machine is slightly different than the video.
I have a AC cdi, 3/3 6 wire rectifier(three yellow,red,white,green) and an 11 pole stator. I have followed this diagram except changing my power input to the cdi coming from the red and black bullet connector on the stator. I have matched a place for all my wires except the white wire from regulator and the black wire from my ignition switch ( accessories wire). Also, i can not find the resistor anywhere on this engine. I don’t want to spend a fortune on fixing this engine because i ultimately want the put a more powerful engine in it. In due time of course..
You can delete the entire ignition It uses now and build an ignition system for $35 in dc format instead of the ac system it uses now.

But I would only do that if your stator or AC cdi box is bad.

It’s a bit of work to convert the CDI so it’s not really a recommendation for a beginner.

BUT in the long run if you decide to go that route wait a day or two till MY DC CDI ignition shows up in the mail.. The wiring is the same for that gy6 style buggy.

Edit: day #1 score! I want a buggy like that to mess around with.

Last edited:

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I do know this

-Two pulse coil wires from pulse coil CONNECT to cdi
-Two pulse coil low volt pulse signal wires to SEND PULSE to the CDI
-Coil wire
-Theres probably a CDI ground wire in there somewhere..

I have a portable AC cdi box we would just pin your two pulse coil wires pin the pulse send wires and hook up my coil and plug and hit the starter button.9F852862-ECAF-483D-B9DD-5D284763EA90.jpeg

Rat

Reaction score
I have matched a place for all my wires except the white wire from regulator and the black wire from my ignition switch ( accessories wire).
White may very likely be "high beam" bypass or just a light on in general.

What I mean is something like the 1968-1978 ish Honda bikes all had which was your standard 3 wires to the rectifier plus a chassis ground since it was a selenium unit (the regulator was a separate part entirely let's assume for a simplified explanation that it wasn't) a yellow up to the key for charging, and a yellow/white up to the high beam switch.

What this configuration meant was that the charging system only really ran on 2 of the 3 phases UNLESS the high beam was on.
An extremely common mod was to splice the yellow/white to the yellow going to the key for constant 3 phase maximum output and leave the yellow/white disconnected from the switches inside the headlight bucket.

Mbrogers512

Reaction score
ugh so i finally found some photos of the engine of other karts wired similar as mine. To be honest it’s leaving me head scratching. In this picture has a regulator with white, red, and green connecting to a white, green/white, and green? I can only see when i zoom in on my iPad. However, that means im pretty clueless on where those wires would go to. Any ideas or clues?

Attachments

• IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 4

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
google images for any in depth diagram for that model was unhelpful.

The only thing I know about wiring is deleting it. The first picture is a snowmobile harness..

The third picture is the harness of the quad in the second picture..5BAB78ED-BCAC-4314-89D6-08B81D398D60.jpeg
91C840A4-7FDB-4FB5-9341-98FD4F1B5A0B.jpegABD49377-76EA-4947-9D74-8E454943E979.jpeg