Daytona F/C

Hemi502

Reaction score
Hi. I have a mid-80's Dodge Daytona Funny car go kart. No engine, just rolling frame and fiberglass body. I plan on restoring it. Can anyone offer any info on this? I will upload some pics soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Welcome! Never heard of this, please give us pictures. A basic internet search gave me this, though I doubt it will be of help: https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/whats-this-body.62095/

You'll probably have to make some stuff, and some basic stuff will be generic. Guys like Denny and Master hack have lots of experience making stuff, and brown stain racing is our local Clone engine expert, if decide to go that route.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Cool stuff. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Looking forward to progress photos.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
That kart is the Hawaiian punch car driven by ronald leong from Hawaii back in the day.

Attachments

• 36776daf-7350-4193-b_1250x1250-uncropped.png
    36776daf-7350-4193-b_1250x1250-uncropped.png
    239 KB · Views: 5

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Neat find, Hemi502. Welcome to the forum. When you can, take off the body and photograph the frame and any identifying marks on it. Look inside the body shell as there could be a decal on it telling who the manufacturer was. There's something in front of the seat but I can't tell what it is.

Could be nearly any manufacturer that made it; Manco, Ken Bar, Carter Brothers, etc., or someone that made go karts with bodies specifically for promotional purposes. These are F.W. Associates and Fun Wheels Inc., to name a few. The two companies are not related despite similar initials.

Here's a "restore" that someone did on an F.W. & Associates Mini Car that is probably as good a guide as any. I'd call it a repair-mod instead of a restoration:

http://bricklin-sv-1-build-history.com/photo_16.html

That kart is the Hawaiian punch car driven by ronald leong from Hawaii back in the day.

Well, I don't think it is the original Hawaiian Punch kart in your photo (it could be?), but a similar kart with a similar body.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
You forgot to tell us your age, sex, location, preferred pronouns, personal income (before taxes) and to show us photos of your wife or girlfriend!
:lolgoku:

This is the introduce yourself forum you know, nothing more.

Welcome, can’t wait to see pictures.

Not here, ya goof. In the main Go Kart forum!

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
Neat find, Hemi502. Welcome to the forum. When you can, take off the body and photograph the frame and any identifying marks on it. Look inside the body shell as there could be a decal on it telling who the manufacturer was. There's something in front of the seat but I can't tell what it is.

Could be nearly any manufacturer that made it; Manco, Ken Bar, Carter Brothers, etc., or someone that made go karts with bodies specifically for promotional purposes. These are F.W. Associates and Fun Wheels Inc., to name a few. The two companies are not related despite similar initials.

Here's a "restore" that someone did on an F.W. & Associates Mini Car that is probably as good a guide as any. I'd call it a repair-mod instead of a restoration:

http://bricklin-sv-1-build-history.com/photo_16.html

Well, I don't think it is the original Hawaiian Punch kart in your photo (it could be?), but a similar kart with a similar body.
They were promotional karts. They made a bunch of them. Don't remember how many tho. That particular body was Hawaiian punch only also I think.