For Sale BKS Grasshopper/racing kart located in Lake Wylie, SC

Doks

Reaction score
Good Afternoon, For Sale is one Custom Grasshopper kart by BKS. Dragged out of a Barn in Clover, SC. Just a frame. We built this bad boy in our garage. It’s very fast and has good single disc brake. Headlights, battery new Ghost Engine with approximately 3 hours of run time. Comes with drift sleeves mounted on rear set of wheels and tires. Also, helmet, bead breaker tool, something in the neighborhood of 55 tires. All are slicks, most are pinks and some are fronts which are blues. $1,500.00 for all of it. My two sons are way too tall now and want to get a golf kart to cruise around the neighborhood with friends.

Attachments

• IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5624.jpeg
    IMG_5624.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5627.jpeg
    IMG_5627.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5626.jpeg
    IMG_5626.jpeg
  • IMG_5625.jpeg
    IMG_5625.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5628.jpeg
    IMG_5628.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5631.jpeg
    IMG_5631.jpeg
  • IMG_5629.jpeg
    IMG_5629.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5630.jpeg
    IMG_5630.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
You didn't list your location (City, State) and if you will ship or local pick up only. Most people will dismiss your ad out of hand for lacking these details.

If the price is your high asking price (more than you think it will go for) you can also state "Or Best Offer". You will find out pretty quick what it is worth. If all else fails, you could put it on Ebay with a minimum bid, give it a couple of weeks and see where it goes.

My two sons are way too tall now...

Well, go karts were never meant to be comfortable, like your grandfather's 1972 Cadillac Eldorado, nor designed as kiddie cars. You're supposed to have your knees in your face--sacrificing comfort for speed, low weight and nimbleness. I'M too tall but still ride them. :cool:

panchothedog

Reaction score
Your kart is too old to be a competitive race kart. You probably already knew that. So that makes it a " back yard basher ". Exactly what this forum is full of.
Not trying to be negative or a downer, but for what you have you are way over priced. If any of the extra tires you have are mounted on rims they would probably have more value to a legitimate kart racer. Something most of us here are not. It really doesn't matter what you have invested in it. A used yard kart is only worth so much, and what you are asking is a good bit over that. Would certainly make sense to list your location as stated in the above post. Good luck with your sale.

Doks

Reaction score
Of course, we know what this is. My kids and myself have had so many laughs and blowing up rear tires is a regular thing with his kart. It’s a Parking lot, take the friends out go fast. By no measure is it a competition Kart. No way, but I have to say it’s fun as can be, knees in your chin and getting tossed around while you roast tires.

Doks

Reaction score
Good Afternoon, For Sale is one Custom Grasshopper kart by BKS. Dragged out of a Barn in Clover, SC. Just a frame. We built this bad boy in our garage. It’s very fast and has good single disc brake. Headlights, battery new Ghost Engine with approximately 3 hours of run time. Comes with drift sleeves mounted on rear set of wheels and tires. Also, helmet, bead breaker tool, something in the neighborhood of 55 tires. All are slicks, most are pinks and some are fronts which are blues. $1,500.00 for all of it. My two sons are way too tall now and want to get a golf kart to cruise around the neighborhood with friends.
Located in Lake Wylie, SC 29710