Hello from Florida

gingerdog1

Reaction score
New guy here from Central Florida Bay area. Hoping to get some direction on how to fix my kids gokart and maybe meet some new people.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I’m sorry, we’re mostly old guys here. Nothing new about us except our hips and knees. But your Welcome to stick around anyways!
:welcome2:

panchothedog

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Haven't had too many surgeries YET. But still plenty old.
Now back to go karts. What needs fixing on the young ones kart? Anything in particular, or are you just cleaning it up.

gingerdog1

Reaction score
Good evening sir. Got some fluid leaking out the gearbox at the driven shaft bearing seal. Is this something that can be fixed?

Attachments

• 20231228_083749.jpg
    20231228_083749.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I don’t think you have a leak at all. It looks just like excess oil flipping off the chain when you oil it which is perfectly normal!

gingerdog1

Reaction score
Good evening sir. Got some fluid leaking out the gearbox at the driven shaft bearing seal. Is this something that can be fixed?
I don’t think you have a leak at all. It looks just like excess oil flipping off the chain when you oil it which is perfectly normal!
I did clean the area so I could have a better look at the seal. I haven't oiled the chain recently.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
From the looks of it you probably are going to have to disassemble the box to replace that seal. I myself would not worry about it. Or if it got too bad I would just fill it with John Deere corn head grease. It’s a solid that flows like a liquid.

gingerdog1

Reaction score
That may be my best bet. Thanks for the suggestion. How much would I add. The same amount that is recommended of regular gear fluid? Also. What type of regular gear fluid should be used in these types of gear boxes. The manual doesn't specify.
Thanks

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Honestly I would suspect gear oil. There should be a fill oil height plug I suspect. Corn head grease is a solid at rest and a liquid when moving. Also known as grade 00 oil. Works great in manual car/truck steering boxes!