make your own cast aluminium pulleys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
I Havent really, I am still making the flasks, I think I hav a vid, but I'm kinda busy, it will probably come at the weekend, then after the 21st I have pretty much finished any important stuff at school,like exams and I am hoping I will have finished in my spare time, and it will be melty time :) I will probably need to do a few melt sessions as I need to use the same mold twice.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
If they are too small I will make some bigger molds, didn't take long. Or I could get them machined bigger. I am hoping to finish making the flasks and maybe break down all the 1.5kg or watever I need of aluminium at the weekend

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
if you made the molds a little bigger you will be good cause if there to big you can always turn them down to size.. you cant machine more material on there tho

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
This is very interesting stuff, Would be cool to be setup to do it.

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Reaction score
Well my stupid greensand is frankly ****, and just fell straight outta the flasks. I will do it at school using my own aluminium which I will hopefully melt at home, make little aluminium blocks and bring in. I will be sure to get some finished pics tho :)

Edit: this didn't work, because I got a 6" x 4" aluminium block bar for free so I machined them.

Status
Not open for further replies.