NEED HELP IDENTIFYING

TeamMuir

Reaction score
Guys I bought this from only 1 picture off of facebook...
I haven't a clue who the manufacturer is or if I can get parts.... any help would be much appreciated...
I do know that a new 420cc predator motor has been installed and runs decent ( sounding / starting ).... but needs a torque converter belt..
Which I don't know we're to buy.....
Guide me if possible....
I'm planning on buying seat provided it measures up to fit will see a bit later today...

Attachments

• 20230726_094801.jpg
    20230726_094801.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230726_094533.jpg
    20230726_094533.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Gokart Supply website has all the information you need about belts and how to measure for them. What you have for a CVT is a 30 series TAV II !!! Buy only a Genuine Comet Belt!!! The cheap belts are made from yak grease, vinyl, hair and rice fibers. It takes only minutes to burn through one. The Comet will last a year or more. Also while you are there you can read about the care and feeding of the 30 series also.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Gokart Supply website has all the information you need about belts and how to measure for them. What you have for a CVT is a 30 series TAV II !!! Buy only a Genuine Comet Belt!!! The cheap belts are made from yak grease, vinyl, hair and rice fibers. It takes only minutes to burn through one. The Comet will last a year or more. Also while you are there you can read about the care and feeding of the 30 series also.
Denny is right!

I think the seller was lying or ignorant, that looks like a Predator 224 to me. If it had a 420 it would have a 40 series TC, and denny knows what he's talking about, that's a 30 series TC

panchothedog

Reaction score
You can get a 30 series torque converter to go on a 420. A 30 series 1" driver .
But it looks like a 224 to me also. The red fan shroud and the fact that there is no starter motor, or even a boss to hold one cast into the front of the block tells me for sure it's not a 420. Either way, a 224 with a torque converter will give you plenty. And yes, spend the extra money for the comet belt.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
You can get a 30 series torque converter to go on a 420. A 30 series 1" driver .
But it looks like a 224 to me also. The red fan shroud and the fact that there is no starter motor, or even a boss to hold one cast into the front of the block tells me for sure it's not a 420. Either way, a 224 with a torque converter will give you plenty. And yes, spend the extra money for the comet belt.
I learn something new every day.

OP, you will probably have to clean that TC. Denny or Pancho could tell you how.