Yerf Dog 3202 rubbing tire issue

Tenchu

Reaction score
Hello all, first post here and first time yard cart owner. Picked up an old Yerf Dog 3202 this weekend to play in the yard with, and I'm trying to work through some issues. I realized the passenger tire rubs when turned hard right, limiting the right turn a good bit, but the drivers wheel is a good 3/4" away from the frame at full lock. It seemed like the spindle mount on the control arm may have been bent at one point so I straightened that out and it helped a bit, so it doesn't rub when the suspension is unloaded, but it still rubs loaded. Nothing seems crazy out of alignment, but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions to fix this issue.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Are the axles on the spindles the same length on either side of the kart. You need to get the wheel farther away from the frame. Look for spindles with longer axles so you can position the wheel farther away.

Rat

Reaction score
Seems to me there is a wheel hub offset difference between the rims, which is not uncommon considering how many of them get slammed full throttle into trees and what not and end up with a replacement wheel.
Having a bent spindle reinforces the theory, but only measuring each wheel to compare hub offset will tell you for sure.