My Yerf Dog 3020 Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatakart

Reaction score
Hey guys. im trying to apply some changes to the overall look to my kart. Ive had it for a month now maybe and the first thing i did was take it apart and sand it down. (that is still taking me such a long time.) so i started thinking. Why paint it halfway then add extra metal and still have to spray paint over again. Ive been planning to modify it by first starting off by adding a roll cage. I dont want a normal roll cage because i dont really like the look. I want to start something of a small buggy with the buggy body type. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. I dont have much welding experience. (only 16) but i will get some time with the mechanics at my dads work place who really like to make these kinds of things (they have their own custom little street cart) So let me know what you guys thing and if i should think more about something or anything really. Thanks
:thumbsup:
also i need some color ideas. Was thinking red and white basic. (got a red seat belt so i need something to match

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 23

redsox985

Reaction score
The general cage shape should work, but with considerably smaller metal and more triangulation. Triangles are much stronger than straight lines.

tatakart

Reaction score
The general cage shape should work, but with considerably smaller metal and more triangulation. Triangles are much stronger than straight lines.

Alright, well i was just trying to get a basic idea. What kind of shape would you reccomend. Im open to many different ideas.

tatakart

Reaction score
well guys. today i got a coat of primer on my yerf dog. Its a solid grey all over, pretty happy with the work i got done. :wai: :wai:
i picked a dark blue color. Im pretty happy with the work so far. except im not going to be able to add a roll cage for a while (money problems :/) maybe in a month or so i can add on the cage. but for now im happy with a solid paint job. Im going to post pictures tommorow as right now it is close to 11pm where i leave. gotta get some sleep for school :sleeping:

redsox985

Reaction score
If you're going to be welding to the frame in the near future, I'd leave it primed.

tatakart

Reaction score
If you're going to be welding to the frame in the near future, I'd leave it primed.

Im going to give in to the idea of a roll cage, im just going to give it a nice paint job and a cleaning to the engine. I may put it up for sale after a paint job just to see what kind of offers i can get. I really want to buy myself a small buggy/large go kart :roflol:

Status
Not open for further replies.