carb slide

griiff

Reaction score
hi, i'm trying to hook up throttle cable to slide. the plastic peice that the spring sets on has a hole with a slot to the side. if I put the cable end {ball} through the hole, what holds it in? it comes right out its a yoxufa pwk24, cheap I know.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
hi, i'm trying to hook up throttle cable to slide. the plastic peice that the spring sets on has a hole with a slot to the side. if I put the cable end {ball} through the hole, what holds it in? it comes right out its a yoxufa pwk24, cheap I know.
1. Pics needed
2. 10/10 the plastic piece is a throttle spring spacer and pins the cable to the slide. The cable end has to hook into the slide itself, presumably metal.

If it is an ACCURATE representation of the Keihin PWK series (genuine below 28 doesn't exsist)
Then you have to put the cap onto the cable, then the spring,
then the plastic retainer which one end fits inside the spring coils,
then you have to compress the spring enough to be able to stick the cable free end down into the center of the slide into a pocket (which you can see through a little window on the flat face, AND THEN you have to drop the plastic spacer/retainer into the slide without the cable end jumping out of the pocket, this effectively traps the cable in its proper place.

They don't use a ball end, they use a small round puck about the same size as a bicycle shifter cable head, or a small barrel end of the same size/type.

If you cut off the ball and solder one of these on you'll have less trouble.

Also the Koso is the best one, even better than an OKO

Last edited: