Cheap aluminum flywheels from Amazon

busted_blocks

Reaction score
I have a bit of experience with these flywheels so I thought I'd share that. I'm not saying use or don't use them.

Here is an example of what I mean. Should be lots of sellers with the same thing

It's a cast aluminum flywheel for Honda GXV160. The ones on Amazon have the logo from the casting company ground off. I have some without, here is what the logo looks like. Anyone have an idea what company it is? Why bother grinding it off? I can't find them....

If you are in China they can be found on Taobao for pretty cheap.

the taper fits the Honda GX200 but the flywheel has a bump at the end you need to drill or grind off. Otherwise it won't seat on the crankshaft.

What I don't know 100% for sure is the timing but GXV160 info online says 20 degrees BTDC. Both of these sites list the stock timing for the GXV160 as 20deg BTC

I have trouble removing these flywheels without damaging them. Any ideas of a good way to remove them? Prying and hitting the crank dents the flywheel.

Attachments

• flywheel back.jpg
    flywheel back.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • flywheel front.jpg
    flywheel front.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • flywheel ground.jpg
    flywheel ground.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 6
  • flywheel logo.jpg
    flywheel logo.jpg
    943.7 KB · Views: 6

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
They are every where over here in the states. $35-$60.

This engine comes with that flywheel.

They say its 18* btdc with stock key.

I jus posted about removing that flywheel on the mini bike site the other day. I'm not a fan of it, jus for that reason.

I do alot of selling, trading, and building. I don't feel comfortable pulling that flywheel off and using it on another crank or selling it to somebody.

I'd much rather use it on 1 crank then be done with it.

A PVL or ARC, I can reuse many times over, as long as the taper and key way is good. I don't use keys.