Good read for guys starting out with karting

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Birdbaja, welcome to the forums. You aren't doing anything wrong, you will probably find that it is your bent wheel that is causing the sticking. Soak it in some wd40 or something like that for a day or two.

Start a new thread and post some pics so that we can give you a hand

brandongeiger2

Reaction score
can someone please shed some advice. I have an old go kart bought it early this noting. It needs new tires and rims. After I removed the nut and washer there is a key I'm guessing that it's to turn the wheels with the axle and not let the axle slip inside of wheel. My wheel was already bent bad so I tried hitting it with a 3 pound sledge hammer also put heat to It and also used liquid wrench. None has helped even budge the wheel off the axle. Am I going about it all wrong?

no you arent i had the same problem with my axle when i was gonna try to take it off i ended up cutting the hangers off and knocking the rest out with a 10lb sledge:wai::wai: i still have the axle but everythings coldwelded on and rusted so goodluck.

Jeff Knize

Banned
Reaction score
Using enough lubricant for the axle will ensure that your go kart actually works properly. Many times your wheel won't spin properly simply because there is too much rust around the ball bearings of your wheel, which can often be cured by an application of WD40 or axle grease. It won't be the most pleasant job, but it should do the trick and help you to get your wheels working properly.

machinist@large

Reaction score
Using enough lubricant for the axle will ensure that your go kart actually works properly. Many times your wheel won't spin properly simply because there is too much rust around the ball bearings of your wheel, which can often be cured by an application of WD40 or axle grease. It won't be the most pleasant job, but it should do the trick and help you to get your wheels working properly.

The full original name of WD-40 is Water Dispersant #40; it was the 40th formula they came up with and tried. No where in it's name does it mention lubrication; it was never intended as such. It has it's place in your tool box, just NOT to replace oil as a lubricant.

paz

paz
Reaction score
Awesome info..this is kinda how I learned how to skateboard.found people doing the same thing.learned who was the best.watched, practiced alot.then got better and better.sponsored.then taught newbies.we all started somewhere.you just figure out who's really kewl.and not.

BigThieme

Reaction score
Help on wooden frame chain saw go kart

So I have a wooden frame built and tires with a bike gear but will a 42cc chainsaw engine work if I weld the fly wheel on the clutch and be able to change my gear ratio:auto:

BigThieme

Reaction score
The full original name of WD-40 is Water Dispersant #40; it was the 40th formula they came up with and tried. No where in it's name does it mention lubrication; it was never intended as such. It has it's place in your tool box, just NOT to replace oil as a lubricant.

I'd go with what he said:iagree:

lyfesaver

Reaction score
Is there anything like this for the other Go Kart enthusiasts that have built their carts for off-roading (I do not mean dirt track)?

Status
Not open for further replies.