lengthening a dingo ?

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
I was just wondering a couple of things I want to make a drag rail like the cars and cameras one and I have all of the materials but I was wondering if I could lengthen my go kart. It is a manco dingo and I have some cad designs of it but will it work.I also have some questions I looking at a welder it is a titanium welder flux 125 I was wondering if it was a good welder for custom go kart frames

Screenshot 2024-03-03 13.59.25.png Screenshot 2024-03-03 13.59.33.png

Rat

Reaction score
If you were to do so you're going to need to reinforce the splicing welds from the inside, a simple butt weld won't do because the stress risers will invite it to break at the welds (not necessarily the welds themselves, but at the least along them)

You would be far better off building it from scratch using as long of tubing as needed without splicing anything.

Personally, I prefer the Sandrail buggy style. Far safer if you roll them. You must keep in mind that the longer it is the more flex it will have. Sadly bracing against this flex can cause more damage than it is intended to prevent.

If you've ever been too an NHRA Event, and payed close attention during tire warm ups and lining up on the tree... those suckers bounce and flex just on their own idle, not to mention the twist and wobble from torque when the green hits

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
Yea i know that a straight weld would just break that is why i will put on sleeves (just pipe that slides over the 2 smaller pipes) to give some support they are the gray parts

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Sleeving it is one of the worst ways to do it. You will constantly be fighting cracks. Slugging it from the inside of the tube is the best way. Actually like Rat recommends starting over from scratch will yield the best results. Then you can make it really cool! Instead of ruining a great GoKart!

panchothedog

Reaction score
What's the point in making it longer. It won't be any faster, and the added flex in the frame will seriously limit the places you can ride it. If you want the look of a dragster look at junior dragster for sale. Although made for kids there are classes for 15 and 16 year olds, so pretty much full sized people. The ones for the older kids are capable of 80 + mph in the 1/8 mile. About the same acceleration rate as an 11 sec. 1/4 mile car. Probably a WHOLE LOT more money than a go kart. Hop up your dingo and have fun with it. Here is some biased old koot advice. Don't copy what you see on cars and cameras. They are the Beaves and Buthead of the automotive world.

Rat

Reaction score
Don't copy what you see on cars and cameras. They are the Beaves and Buthead of the automotive world.
That's one way to put it. Honestly this one's immaturity is showing... probably ain't but 15 or 16. If he's any older it's just a pathetic kind of sad

A Manco Dingo

Reaction score
Is the titanum flux 125 is a good welder i am thinking about buying one also how dose this look i have been working on this piece of steel for about a week

Attachments

• 17096552695026187558989000163916.jpg
    17096552695026187558989000163916.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 5