Country Boy

Reaction score
Hi. New member here in central WI. I’m a country boy and have been doing motorsports and fun stuff with my 2 neighbors/friends. They have a brand new Kawasaki 230R and KAYO 125cc that we rip around on and the KAYO being 2wd drifts and does donuts in snow. I have an old MontgomeryWard riding mower that I‘m trying to make a speed mower out of by doing at least a pulley swap. However, I joined this forum because I just bought an old John Deere 57 rider mower with no engine or deck. I want some ideas on turning it into a DIY go-kart. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Rat

Reaction score
Hi. New member here in central WI. I’m a country boy and have been doing motorsports and fun stuff with my 2 neighbors/friends. They have a brand new Kawasaki 230R and KAYO 125cc that we rip around on and the KAYO being 2wd drifts and does donuts in snow. I have an old MontgomeryWard riding mower that I‘m trying to make a speed mower out of by doing at least a pulley swap. However, I joined this forum because I just bought an old John Deere 57 rider mower with no engine or deck. I want some ideas on turning it into a DIY go-kart. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Welcome to the island of misfit toys 🤣

Tbh I dunno about turning that JD 57 into a kart, that thing has a top-heavy design overall and the deck weight pretty much acts as a ballast to make it less flip happy.

Not saying it isn't possible, I'm saying there's probably better choices... I like the 32 Ford Roadster, and T-bucket style builds I have seen done with old steel wheel barrows and conventional front engine mower frames.

Country Boy

Reaction score
So today I got an old John Deere S92 mower running. I robbed 2 tires off of the 57 I mentioned. As well as a gas cap off of my neighbor’s clapped out S82 and I’ll also be getting an ignition off that. Also took the starter off a different Briggs I had. I only paid $43 for it. I had lots of fun off roading it in the slushy snow. Rather than sell it, I might make it the fun off road mower and take the deck off. We’ll see.