new to me go kart: yerf dog 3203

powerstorm815

Reaction score
Maybe you have the cable wrong on the rod. The bolt should lock the ring to the rod. The cable needs to be attached to the ring somehow.
I adjusted it to see if the rod would move with the cable, it doesn't not. I've been trying to upload a video but for some reason it won't take it.
Where the hoop of the throttle cable is secured to the ring of the rod..the ring should be secured to the rod, which it's not. How do I secure the ring to the rod? Ring is not attached to rod. How do i attach it? Longer bolt? Screenshot_20240212_120251_Gallery~2.jpg

powerstorm815

Reaction score
Is the cable broken? The inner wire part should be one piece such that when you pull one end the other end gets pulled into the outer cable housing. The clamp on the engine side should only clamp down on the outer cable housing.
In the first pic of your rod and spring you show the cable housing adjustment at one extreme. In the latest pic of the spring and rod you show the cable housing adjustment at the other extreme. Ideally those nuts should be somewhere near the middle so you have some adjustment there, if needed.
No it isn't broken.

powerstorm815

Reaction score
So I ended up buying a longer bolt for the ring that holds the loop of the throttle cable and now it works like it's suppose to. Thanks everyone.

hardcorps

Reaction score
Yes. On the video the rod has two rings. One is for the cable. One is to stop the rod from travelling too far and putting undue pressure on the carb/governor linkage.

panchothedog

Reaction score
So glad to hear that you figured out how to attach the throttle cable to the end of the rod. By bolting them together. Honestly I think that would have been self evident. I hope that by buying a go kart for your children that you didn't dive in way past your mechanical skill level. Go karts are rarely trouble free. They need a good deal of tinkering with. Plenty of help available from the members of this forum. Please don't hesitate if you get stumped again.

powerstorm815

Reaction score
So glad to hear that you figured out how to attach the throttle cable to the end of the rod. By bolting them together. Honestly I think that would have been self evident. I hope that by buying a go kart for your children that you didn't dive in way past your mechanical skill level. Go karts are rarely trouble free. They need a good deal of tinkering with. Plenty of help available from the members of this forum. Please don't hesitate if you get stumped again.
Haha actually I did dive in with minimal mechanic skills, but YouTube and you guys helped. Next is adding headlights.

panchothedog

Reaction score
If you add lightning, just keep it simple by using an auxerlery battery that you recharge at home. Trying to make your engine recharge the battery will add a lot of complexity that you don't need. If you use a small motorcycle battery it will last as long as your nighttime rides.