New Toys

panchothedog

Reaction score
Ride them. Sell them. Give them away. You either keep them or you don't. Either way, looks like you have some weeding to do.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
I'm fast running out of room though
DIYGK known fact:
Once addicted, this stuff/these things (motorized projects) multiply faster than Tribbles (look 'em up kiddos) ;)

So, BEWARE (be very aware) :cheers2:
...or you may very well end up (like someone I know:innocent:) with a 40' shipping container stuffed full of motorized creations :auto:
...& still makin' more :devil2:

Rat

Reaction score
Ride them. Sell them. Give them away. You either keep them or you don't. Either way, looks like you have some weeding to do.
They were pulled out of a barn after throwing hay for a couple hours.

I've gone over them a bit just to get an idea of what I've gotten into.

The Motovox has a POS China 80cc OHC w/centrifugal.

The Coleman is a CT200U-EX "Veil Camo" edition with a POS China 196cc w/centrifugal & jackshaft. Never seen a 5/8 PTO before now either

As the story goes they were put up after one was ran full speed into a gopher hole and flipped end over across the field and hasn't ran since, but the other ran at that time.
No clue which got flipped and don't care.. neither one is likely to start at present.

panchothedog

Reaction score
From the missing front fender, my guess is that the Coleman is the one that bit the dust. The other one sure seems like a lot of bike for an 80cc engine. Must have been aimed at a very young clientele. Were they buried under the hay?

Rat

Reaction score
From the missing front fender, my guess is that the Coleman is the one that bit the dust.
agreed, the rear is steel and was pushed in a bit with some mild abrasions on one side, I pulled up on it while gently pushing the bulges inward and it's mostly back to shape. Brake lever was busted off as well.
The other one sure seems like a lot of bike for an 80cc engine. Must have been aimed at a very young clientele.
The 80cc has a sprocket almost the exact same size as the rim so 6" I think, but considering it's actually pretty tiny I'd say you're definitely on point about the design... my local Wal-Mart has versions of it available for 400, and the CT200U for 600. Now they have a couple Coleman all electric SxS sorta similar to my Mule for 1800 🤣 one is parked in front of bicycles/toys the other in automotive
Were they buried under the hay?
Not buried no, that would have been a 🚩 right off the bat for sure.
I went through the Coleman's storage tank and found a school ID from about 3 years ago, and the mfg date on it is 12/5/2020 so it all adds up. Not to mention I've met the ex wife and kids before they got sent packin. (Not my monkey, not my circus) I have never been given any reason to suspect shady goings on... decent enough people.
The OE wrench bag and all wrenches were accounted for, so was the owners manual unfortunately it has been waterlogged enough times to just be a 1/4" thick paperboard plank with just enough of the cover intact and legible to know what it was.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
If I do anything with the Motovox other than fix it up and sell it, I'm thinking bigger engine, TC, and MAYBE graft a CR70 Swingarm and fork onto it for suspension and ground clearance...and because why not, I have the parts.

Since the Coleman is much larger and comfortable I'd likely just engine swap it for bigger with a TC and leave it at that. It will need the gearing changed for sure.

I can't find any front fenders for "Coleman CT200" of any variation so I'm wondering if the the Z50, Honda Cub, or Monkey Bike would be a fit.

I'm also seeing alot of information that says the 196cc Hisun is actually more bulletproof than a predator 212, and that the Honda GX200 crankshaft is a direct fit to apply 3/4" hardware but the 5/8 shaft isn’t prone to damage.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
Coleman has 50t on rear, 10 on clutch, not sure about the jackshaft... it misses and smokes like hell though.
1000001950.jpg
That garbage isn'tgoing back on, I'll use the Ducar 212 stock on for now instead!

The Motovox, runs good enough to haul my 195lb butt uphill with minimal hesitation as long as it's not from a dead stop the sprocket on it is actually bigger than the 6" rim (145/70-6 tires) it shoots right along once it gets moving (I definitely exceed the intended weight limit🤣) and all I did was adjust the brake and toss a bit of fresh gas in it (stored empty unlike the Coleman)
1000001949.jpg

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
Pulled the top end off the Coleman...

It definitely hadn't had it's valve lash reset, but I can't see anything topside that would allow oil down past the valves so I probably wasted half a qt of oil (black and runny AF, stank of gas, but not metallic) it still misses randomly, and still smokes like a fire pit, so I'm going to have to get rings and a bottle of oil for it.

If it wasn't smoking so much I'd just go with stale gas and let it idle high until empy.

Beyond that when you crank on it man does it go, and oddly enough also mostly stops misfiring. If it wasn't smoking so much I'd just say old gas in the tank. It's NONgasahol as well as looked looked clean and clear so I saw no reason to not try burning it.
If it used 70mm rings I'd already have them changed, but oh well

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
The fenders are easy to find. The bracket for holding them on, not so much. Check the Jungle store.
Well I don't have the right valve seals for this head, but it's definitely the exhaust valve by the looks of that burnt crud blown back through 1000001952.jpg

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
I do know that plastic cam gear went in the garbage, I have a 212 one I'll put in instead.

Hemi head swap it 🤔 I don't really plan to drastically mod it out with any serious goodies... I'll drop the 196 for a 208 or bigger before bother to go that route

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
It's effectively a 196 Hemi 🤣 turns out the air filter was responsible for the misfire though because it was still doing it up to the moment I took it off (I was holding the throttle partly open to prevent stall as I unscrewed the cover and butterfly nut)

It woke up the instant the filter was clear if the pedestal it sits over.

Idk if that can cause a spike in case pressure high enough to force excess oil through the valve guides... but whatever now it has bigger valves that I have seals for

Last edited: