Non-hemi predator pulse fitting.

Jax

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to modifying these small engines and this is my first go with Tapping the Side cover for a pulse fitting.
I bought a non-hemi Billet aluminum valve cover that has two pulse fitting holes on it but it doesn't have a breather hole on it.
I know this may be a stupid question but when the pulse valve is set up do I need to use a breather on my valve cover anymore?

Rat

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to modifying these small engines and this is my first go with Tapping the Side cover for a pulse fitting.
I bought a non-hemi Billet aluminum valve cover that has two pulse fitting holes on it but it doesn't have a breather hole on it.
They aren't both for pulse fittings, one is for a vent the other for pulse pump (or otherwise plugged.
I know this may be a stupid question but when the pulse valve is set up do I need to use a breather on my valve cover anymore?
Yes, absolutely. There is nothing that can be done to not need some form of Positive Crankcase pressure vent on ANY engine.
Cars and trucks route them into the intake manifold for EPA emissions... not much different than the airbox connection used on small equipment engines just different input.

NOW because you are planning to use a pulse pump, your vent absolutely must have a check valve (two in tandem is better) to get your signal to even drive the pump.

If you vent to atmosphere unchecked, you simply will not create the low pressure signal required so the check valves must flow away from the engine (pay attention to the arrow stamped or etched on them) or you'll have issues

Darren

Reaction score
Too much fuel delivery is more of a problem than not enough with a pulse pump, better to take the pulse from the intake adapter because it's clean air as shown in thepartsguy's photo.
The billet side cover barbed fittings provide extra breathing for the engine, these two lines go to the rocker cover, then a third fitting comes out of the rocker cover and is vented to air, here's an example:
If you sieve through Paul's, or black66's videos you'll see the finished system, Black uses a catch can to vent into.