Tires

Rat

Reaction score
I Need new tires for a grasshopper go kart what should I put on it?
Um whatever fits the rim would be a good pace to start.

But more seriously, tire type is best decided by where it will be going...

Yard only? Then something timid like a Carlisle Turf saver. These are going to be fine for most paved surfaces as well. Most likely the closest you'll get to whatever was factory equipped to top it off.

Out ripping up the back 40? Maybe something a little more aggressive like a waffle knobby would be good.

Out MAKING trails? As aggressive as you can fit perhaps AG paddles.

Last edited:

panchothedog

Reaction score
What's on there now. Aside from bald or worn out, do you like them. How about a picture, and as suggested above by Rat, let us know where you will be driving.

Rat

Reaction score
This should be an interesting FAQ!
I just figured it to be uncommon sense that the intended usage/terrain was the deciding factor of what tires one would use. I mean you're not going to have a yard left running some V-paddle AG tires around in it and you sure as hell ain't going very far very fast with some slicks in some slimy, sandy mud, or loose gravel

Rat

Reaction score
Well I plan on ride on dirt
That is useless information as it completely lacks all context.

You won't get far here that way and call it a hunch but I don't think English isn't your strong suit or first language.

This is a dominantly English using forum

james_higdon07

Reaction score
That is useless information as it completely lacks all context.

You won't get far here that way and call it a hunch but I don't think English isn't your strong suit or first language.

This is a dominantly English using forum
I’m English I just have hard times spelling