OHV tecumseh 6.0 upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhoppe

Reaction score
I'm not sure how an extra tecumseh would help lol. I appreciate the offer though

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

I was only thinking 4500RPM max. I think stock parts would handle that. I was only going to do springs of I had a set around. I'm not against the predator, i just dont want to toss a "good" engine

KartFab

Reaction score
I'm not sure how an extra tecumseh would help lol. I appreciate the offer though

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

I was only thinking 4500RPM max. I think stock parts would handle that. I was only going to do springs of I had a set around. I'm not against the predator, i just dont want to toss a "good" engine

dont worry, the Tecumseh is not a good engine. Every time i give it a chance it decides to find a way to be a piece of crap. Which is why its a teCRAPseh engine. Also, i dont think the plastic cam will hold up to springs stronger than stock. The stock springs are actually pretty flimsy, and when I pulled out the stock plastic cam that had been run on stock springs, it had a few flat spots on it.

Jhoppe

Reaction score
Ah. Got what you are saying now. And I'm not sure if mine is a plastic cam or not. I haven't cracked the case. If it is plastic I might buy a stock steel replacement. I think they are around $20, so not bad. I have a family friend that has a frame that I dont think he has an engine for. I think it will do fine putting around his yard. Then I can help finance a predator.

Jhoppe

Reaction score
My wife bough me the best tecumseh performance mod. A 301cc 8hp predator for my birthday! So anyone want an engine? Lol

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Sure!
If you pay shipping...
I mean, if you REALLY want it gone, even as shocking as it may be to everyone, I'll take it.
If you pay shipping, which I assume won't happen.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
:D
Use it to do a Back To The Future style flame burnout, then let the Tecumseh BURN!!
Actually I was thinking of having it as a spare engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.