Engine suggestions

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
What size are your tires I have split rims and might have some open wheel hubs.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I just shipped a bunch of stuff out been using $17 flat rate boxes but know there’s smaller ones up on the post office rack that are hopefully wayy cheaper. do you need a 5” split rim? or do you just need the hub?

Chiron TL-34

Reaction score
I just shipped a bunch of stuff out been using $17 flat rate boxes but know there’s smaller ones up on the post office rack that are hopefully wayy cheaper. do you need a 5” split rim? or do you just need the hub?
I've got a new one wheel peel thing installed right now (wheel) but I very much appreciate the offer.

@BrownStainRacing I was just riding around a parking lot behind my house (have to drag it through the woods cuz one wheel peel cant pull in dirt for nothin, extremely tedious task but very much worth it) doing some drifting and what not. Dude... This thing blows my worn out 5hp briggs out the water. It maintains rpm while drifting soooo nicely. So much acceleration, pretty good speed. This thing is awesome. It's so much fun to actually be able to drive it around turns and stuff and go fast at the parking lot without my dad yelling at me, and without constant fear of my neighbors calling the cops on me.

Curiosity gets the best of me though, if I bought a cam/valve springs/rod could I unlock even more torque? I wanna drive it around with my friend and still be able to haul.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
I've got a new one wheel peel thing installed right now (wheel) but I very much appreciate the offer.

@BrownStainRacing I was just riding around a parking lot behind my house (have to drag it through the woods cuz one wheel peel cant pull in dirt for nothin, extremely tedious task but very much worth it) doing some drifting and what not. Dude... This thing blows my worn out 5hp briggs out the water. It maintains rpm while drifting soooo nicely. So much acceleration, pretty good speed. This thing is awesome. It's so much fun to actually be able to drive it around turns and stuff and go fast at the parking lot without my dad yelling at me, and without constant fear of my neighbors calling the cops on me.

Curiosity gets the best of me though, if I bought a cam/valve springs/rod could I unlock even more torque? I wanna drive it around with my friend and still be able to haul.
😆 🤣 😂
I'm glad you're happy with it.

I've said so many times, it dont take much to get these "turd motors" to wake up.

I can't recommend a cam for you , RIGHT NOW, it'll jus blow your tire off.

But.... I can recommend you to shim those valve springs.
Even tho they are stock springs, when springs are set at the correct installed height, they work much, much better.

Another thing that you can do is port that head.

Save your penny's for a dremal and learn how to do it CORRECTLY.

You will be shocked what a lil head port work can do to these ol' turd motors.

A bored stock apperaing carb will light it up for you, but not without shimming those stock valve springs 1st.

Take a look at these springs, they ALL have a certain installed height or a @ #. It most definitely matters.

Chiron TL-34

Reaction score
😆 🤣 😂
I'm glad you're happy with it.

I've said so many times, it dont take much to get these "turd motors" to wake up.

I can't recommend a cam for you , RIGHT NOW, it'll jus blow your tire off.

But.... I can recommend you to shim those valve springs.
Even tho they are stock springs, when springs are set at the correct installed height, they work much, much better.

Another thing that you can do is port that head.

Save your penny's for a dremal and learn how to do it CORRECTLY.

You will be shocked what a lil head port work can do to these ol' turd motors.

A bored stock apperaing carb will light it up for you, but not without shimming those stock valve springs 1st.

Take a look at these springs, they ALL have a certain installed height or a @ #. It most definitely matters.

Hmmm are you saying a cam is too much for the lil one wheel peel?

I have a dremal (my dad does at least lol), its the micro cordless. I have a lil motorized bike and always wanted to do some port work on it, but was always too scared I'd mess up my port timing. God is that thing slow compared to this go kart.

What kind of shim would I have to get? What's the idea behind a shim? To let it get closer to coil bind and therefore more tension?

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Hmmm are you saying a cam is too much for the lil one wheel peel?

I have a dremal (my dad does at least lol), its the micro cordless. I have a lil motorized bike and always wanted to do some port work on it, but was always too scared I'd mess up my port timing. God is that thing slow compared to this go kart.

What kind of shim would I have to get? What's the idea behind a shim? To let it get closer to coil bind and therefore more tension?
It's spring installed height that makes the difference. It makes the spring what it should be.

Let's say we are building a engine and the cam calls for 22# springs installed @ .840".

We check installed height (the space between the spring pocket and the bottom of the retainer) it measures .900".
If we jus put 22# springs in at .900" installed height, they are not 22# springs any more, they are under 10# springs, probably closer to 8#.

Now if we add the .060" shim or shims to get us to the .840", now we got a 22# spring.

And ALL heads are different, 1 might need .060" shims, the next head might need .020" shims.

These small measurements, tweaks, and tuning is what makes a roto-tiller engine into a good, strong, reliable gokart or mini bike engine.

Chiron TL-34

Reaction score
@Chiron TL-34

This will help you gear ratio, you can change the clutch sprocket and not worry about changing the wheel sprocket.

A good quality clutch and parts are plenty available.

Thread 'Hilliard clutch' https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/hilliard-clutch.131820/
I bought a 18 tooth Chinese clutch off of amazon for experimentation purposes. Wow! Scary fast

The clutch is kinda junk though, and I don't really wanna go that fast on that crappy brake. I'm gonna put the 12 tooth MaxTorque back on tomorrow so I can feel that awesome acceleration again.

Last edited:

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
I bought a 18 tooth Chinese clutch off of amazon for experimentation purposes. Wow! Scary fast

The clutch is kinda junk though, and I don't really wanna go that fast on that crappy brake. I'm gonna put that 12 tooth MaxTorque back on tomorrow so I can feel that awesome acceleration again.

😂 😆 🤣 😹 😂

Yea, I'd have to say a 18t is a bit too much.

A 14t or 15t with a 3000 rpm spring should be pretty good with what you got.

I bet that thing was scary, when it got going, 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Chiron TL-34

Reaction score
I saw on OMB warehouse this alleged performance spark plug and saw it was half off on amazon so I bought it.

Do you have any experience with the Autolite AR3910X? Is it any better than my stock Torch plug?

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
I saw on OMB warehouse this alleged performance spark plug and saw it was half off on amazon so I bought it.

Do you have any experience with the Autolite AR3910X? Is it any better than my stock Torch plug?
I run it.

It's a tuners game.

Is it worth????
Only if you can tune to it.

I suggest get ngk bp9es plugs, find the tune, then install the 3910x plug.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
How did my crank go before my rod!?
That damn 3910x race plug!!!!! 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣

My best guess, if you still running that 1 wheel peel kart.

Doing left hand donuts in a tight circle, then turning hard to the right on asphalt or concrete.

That tire and crank is spinning fast, then all of a sudden it's slows down almost to a stop when that tire gets hooked, that cam dont want to slow down.

I see more cranks snap in half on mini bikes when people start jumping them.

Too much wheel speed, then almost a complete stop, that's hard on every thing.

What was you doing when it stopped?????

Chiron TL-34

Reaction score
That damn 3910x race plug!!!!! 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣

My best guess, if you still running that 1 wheel peel kart.

Doing left hand donuts in a tight circle, then turning hard to the right on asphalt or concrete.

That tire and crank is spinning fast, then all of a sudden it's slows down almost to a stop when that tire gets hooked, that cam dont want to slow down.

I see more cranks snap in half on mini bikes when people start jumping them.

Too much wheel speed, then almost a complete stop, that's hard on every thing.

What was you doing when it stopped?????
Exactly like you said. I was doing donuts on my one wheel peel when I noticed it was knocking really bad. I immediately turned it off and when I tried to slowly pull it, it just wouldn't move at all. Took the engine apart and boom, broken crankshaft.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Exactly like you said. I was doing donuts on my one wheel peel when I noticed it was knocking really bad. I immediately turned it off and when I tried to slowly pull it, it just wouldn't move at all. Took the engine apart and boom, broken crankshaft.
We live and learn, young fella. 😆 🤣 😂 😹

I bet you had that tire smoking more the once, didn't ya ??? 😂 😂

The bad thing is, you have that pred hemi flywheel and that's the ONLY crankshaft it will fit.

Save your penny's for another pred hemi.

I wouldn't trust any thing in that block. It wouldnt surprise me, you find a crack in it somewhere.

Jerry Dover MIGHT have stock parts for it, but it would be cheaper jus to get another new 1.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Remember when I got the go power sports 5" drive wheel assembly? gopowersports

I've been trying to replace the tire on that thing, but I just can't for the life of get the new tire actually on the rim at all.

Do you have any tips for replacing tires??
Get both beads broke loose.

Look inside the wheel, you will see the smaller area in the middle.

You can squeeze both sides of the tire in 1 spot and push it up into the smaller area of the wheel. If you can't hold it, use a big pair of vise grips.

Then you should be able to get the opposite side (180*) of the tire started.

Smaller wheel and tires, can be a pita.