Engine Throttle Hook Ups to Clones / HF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
:D After reading many of thread on here talking about throttle hook up i thought id might be able to help some.

h.f. motors
b&s race linkage hookup-5.00
3/16 drill bit-2.00
5/16 drill bit.-2.00
cable and line-6.00
Ok first picture shows the bracket you get. I drilled a 5/16 hole in the air intake and ran a bolt with a nut and lock washer on it.Held the bracket with no problem. Than i screwed in the pressure fitten.

Next i took a 3/16 drill and drilled a hole all way threw the throttle arm.I than ran the cable threw makeing sure the ball end was on the lever side.Next i added a nice strong spring.I was going to attach to a screw but decide just to attach to one of the vents.a screw would look more professonial.

Than add the outter cable which is just brake line,and used the pressure fitten to hold it in place.

When using this type you must be care if you are using clips to hold down do not crease the line.

Than ran to pedal and hook it up.I left extra wire because im not for sure how i want it to be hook up.I mean it works fine but im not happy with the pedal hook up.:huh:

this wasnt to bead to hook up about a 3 i give it on the hard level there are many ways to hook it up this is just the way i decided to go.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Holy Crap! I never thought about using a brake line that way! AWESOME WORK!!! :thumbsup:

jonesie8807

Reaction score
nice setup. I connected mine under the air filter and had to cut the filter housing so it would work. I could have used this post three weeks ago lol

Pa and Corby

3203 yerf dog & Appco
Reaction score
Im planning on buying the H.F. 6.5 for my 3203 yerf dog, and will follow your info for the throttle hook up Ironman, Thanks Bro. Im wanting to find out if the Honda engine hop ups will work with this clone? I looked at www.affordablegokarts.com and they have a kit that includes 18# valve springs, carb , header and air filter, has anyone had any experiance hopping up the Blue motors?

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
im pretty sure that the setup they sell will work .i added a front bracket to the gas pedal and took off the spring got a lot more throttle from it will post up some pictures thrusday if i get a chance

Pa and Corby

3203 yerf dog & Appco
Reaction score
Hey Ironman, what motor did u replace with the Blue clone? was the engine shaft the same length? if not what alterations did u have to do, to make all the pulleys line up?

killawatt

tried to get banned
Reaction score
does the throttle bounce around alot when you go to full throttle? like i know my honda clone right now when i take it to full rpms it does this wierd like fluctuation thing like im wiggling the throttle.

slideways

Reaction score
Thats the governor kicking in and reducing the rpms so you dont get a rod in your back.

That's a slick setup.. too bad i'm going to be using a high flow filter. You could remove the governor gear and lever and still use that hookup if i am thinking correctly.

killawatt

tried to get banned
Reaction score
well im already doing some decent mods to try and suck all the power out of this motor and i definantly dont want to blow it to hell and back but that is definantly a sweet and simple set up my hat is off to you ironman

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
it work ok change it around wasn't get full throttle that way redoing kart now. in a few weeks ill have some pictures if i get a chance.

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
i was planning on using bicycle break/shifter cable before i read this. but im definitely not the first to think of it lol

very nice setup, nice pics too! though a close-up pic of the pedal hook-up would be nice.

your setup has officially been ghetto-rigged approved! congrats! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.