Status
Not open for further replies.

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
here is my contribution!

awesomesugar

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone I did get some good ideas and I also came up with a bicylce brake cable for the throttle cable works great.

kartkiller

DasBoot!!
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread so sue me.

It be great if I could see these pictures. I just bought a clone and cannot figure out how to route the throttle cable

Nevermind. I found some pics

n3k0de

Reaction score
Yes its a old thread... I hooked mine up but the other spring keeps the carb open in "lawn mower mode" so its wide open... why doesnt the gov/ spring not work right?

slideways

Reaction score
I don't think you loosened the 10mm nut that holds the whole thing tight so you can fix the throttle in lawn mower mode. When you loosen it so the lever flips back and forth with only the spring to return it it puts it in kart mode.

NABS

Reaction score
thx this was very helpful! i can finaly finish my go kart that i hve been working on for 3 years! haha

dab1968

Reaction score
Remote Shut Off

By any chance, have you figured out how to do a remote shut off of the engine to compensate for the inconvenient location of the engine shut off switch. If you did, or if you know how, I would appreciate a little info.

Thanks.

dab1968

Reaction score
Latest Version of this Engine

Has anyone purchased the latest version of this HF engine? It has an extra gizmo on the back of the engine mounted in a very troublesome location. It is totally in the way of my primary gear mount. It is not shown or listed in the manual. It has two or three tubes coming off of it. Anyone know what exactly it is and how careful I need to be relocating it?

Thanks.

redsox985

Reaction score
You can cut and strip one of the wires going to the factory kill switch. Add in 2 lengths of wire to your new kill so that you have dual kill switches. This is good so that you can kill it while driving it or kill it if it takes off at startup. As for that new part, can you show us some photos?

redsox985

Reaction score
Now, where is that on the motor and where to those tubes go? What's stamped on the plastic box?

dab1968

Reaction score
Now, where is that on the motor and where to those tubes go? What's stamped on the plastic box?

It is located on the rear of the motor(shaft towards the left side). As far as the tubes, they go up inside the engine somewhere. I haven't investigated that far yet. The stamping is just jibberish, doesn't correspond to any known nomenclature.

tinknocker

Reaction score
i just tried doing this and had to toss the whole thing. I tried to make it look neat by running it with my frame and there were to many bends to the cable would stick...yes i know this is a 3 year old thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.