What should I name it

panchothedog

Reaction score
I like Mystery Machine. I think it fits. After all this time, have you driven it yet?
And when is the big race? You have had the whole world sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the outcome.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
μMD

for MicroMD

for Micro Mastodon

because
A. It’s little
And
2. Pachyderms don’t fool around.

when people mistakenly call it “UMD” instead “mu MD” you say something like”Utility Mystery Design” but you’ll know that it really means something similar to “Little Nippled Tooth” and that’s just awesome.
IMG_5156.jpegIMG_5157.jpeg

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
What’s the diameter of those tires?
Clutch engagement RPM?

I can smell the burning clutch from here.

I’ll use 12” diameter tires in this example, but the taller the tires the worse it gets. And I’ll assume 2000 RPM clutch engagement. And your 3:1 gear ratio. (The elephant nobody wants)

In this example, the clutch (or wheels, but probably the clutch) has to slip until the vehicle reaches a speed of 24 mph. Only when traveling at speeds above that will the clutch be locked up.

10” vs 12” tires reduces that 24mph to 20mph.
Still not good for any type of stop and go or hills.

8” tires gets that down to 16mph.

Reaction score
I like Mystery Machine. I think it fits. After all this time, have you driven it yet?
And when is the big race? You have had the whole world sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the outcome.
You could say I drove it. I had the throttle cable but it was too short to fit the handle bars because when I would turn left it would “speed up” so I used my fingers and pulled the end of the cable with one hand and steered with the other. I didnt get to go far since my teacher would get in big trouble if the administration found out so I stayed away from the cameras 😂. Next Wednesday is the day to drop it off at the car show so on the way there I’m going to test it out. Then in 2 weekends I will be racing him.

Reaction score
IMG_1413.jpeg
I finally got some “new” used tires for the rear. Now I need to use that black tubing to hide the wires on the dash which I will do today. Then I just need some tire shine and a for sale sign and I’m ready for the car show

Rat

Reaction score
This is the description but it’s not final so I may change it a little View attachment 145504
The vehicle was modified from the ground up starting with a a tired powerwheels. The electric motor and controller hardware were swapped for gas power supplied by a Predator 212.
This required a stronger than plastic chassis to handle the 6.5hp and heat created, so a kids electric ATV was sacrificed to the car gods and its steel frame harvested and modified to carry the 36lb gas engine between the rear wheels instead of an anemic 150w electric motor

Call it Warthog
As in Halo
Ugly as Sin, but gets it done
1000001784.jpg